About Community National Bank & Trust
Community National Bank & Trust was chartered in Chanute, Kansas, in 1987 by a shareholder group including Phil Eastep, Chairman; Dan Midfelt, President and CEO; and Mike Mitchell. The bank was founded on the principles of service excellence, strong support for local residents and businesses, superior account and lending products, and a passion for community service.
We believe that, as a community bank, it’s important to be a leader and a true member of our community. In more than three decades as a bank, we’ve partnered with local schools, 4-H groups, scholarship funds, and other civic organizations and events to make our communities a better place to live. Each of our banking centers in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma is involved in their own cities and communities, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
At Community National Bank & Trust, our mission is to provide the communities we serve with the highest quality leadership and banking services while achieving customer, employee, and shareholder success.
From helping kids learn how to save money to assisting local businesses expand and flourish, we aim to assist all our customers where they are in their financial journey with excellent service and the products they need—all while staying at the forefront of banking innovation.
Our Banking Products
We’re a community bank—it’s in our name, after all—but you’ll find the wide range of available products and services of a much larger bank when you bank with Community National Bank & Trust.
- Personal banking—Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and other everyday necessities and occasional needs
- Business banking—Business checking and savings accounts, as well as a wide range of competitive loans
- Credit cards—With no annual fees, our credit cards help you build credit and make big purchases with ease
- Investment products—From IRAs to trust services and more, we can help you plan for the future
- Online banking—Bank from wherever and whenever is most convenient for you, all from the palm of your hand
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a business owner, a parent, a college student, a teen opening their first bank account, a pet owner, or a farmer, you can bank with us.
Join the CNB&T Community Today
A bank shouldn’t be just a bank. A bank should be a trusted financial partner. At Community National Bank & Trust, we’re proud to be that for our customers. Opening your first account with us, exploring mortgage loan options, or applying for a credit card is easy. Stop by one of our banking centers today!